12 THINGS YOU MUST KNOW
1. Another week, another set of terrible injuries. LeSean McCoy dislocated his thumb. Gio Bernard tore his ACL. His Bengal buddy A.J. Green may be done. C.J. Prosise done with a shoulder injury. Zach Miller's done for the season. Likely, too, his is QB Jay Cutler. Both Darren Sproles and Ryan Mathews are dinged. We will cover FA pickups tomorrow, many as a result of these injuries. Just another week in the NFL, right?
2. Week 11 was super-low-scoring. No, it wasn't just your team. Weather was a minor factor, but Week 11 is typically the week scoring starts to slow. Expect more of it with weather becoming more of a concern.
3. The new PAT rule is dumb. Pushing the PAT back is making teams rely too much on the kicker. No offense, kickers. But this whole thing about forcing teams to go for more 2-point conversions just hasn't happened. And no, not all of the misses were due to weather.
4. Marcus Mariota and Jameis Winston are the real deal. Mariota may have lost, but threw for excellent yardage and multiple scores again. Winston went into KC and threw for over 300 yards and ran for 22 against a good Chiefs D... and won.
5. Is Jared Cook "back"? Cook has been a bust for the Packers, but had the dreaded high ankle sprain and is just now getting back to health. Richard Rodgers is really "just a guy". Yes, there are a ton of cooks in the kitchen for the Packer pass attack, but a studly TE has been sorely missed in the Packer offense. Cook is talented and may be in line for a nice finish.
6. Jeff Fisher (and the Rams GM) have to go. If you're a Rams fan and disagree, you're crazy. The Rams sold the farm for Jared Goff. They wait for Week 11 (until they're all but out of playoff contention) and then start him. Only to lose after being up 10 with like 8 minutes to go. Goff has a big arm, but they only let him throw downfield once. At the very end of the game.
7. The Cowboy Rookies are GOOD. Look guys, the Raven D had given up the 10th fewest points to QBs. 2nd fewest to RBs. Now, Zeke had his worst outing since Week 2, but still ran for nearly 100 yards and caught 4 balls. Prescott may be this generation's Tom Brady. Drafted well after all teams had multiple shots at taking him and basically started due to necessity after the regular, veteran starter went out.
8. NFL in Mexico? Yeah, the stadium the Raiders and Texans are playing in is at a higher altitude than in Denver. This game's about to kick and I would bet both teams are gassed by the middle of the 3rd quarter. Could be ugly.
9. We were right about the Jaguar offense. It's been down. Big time. We figured it would be. But actually, we thought it'd be the passing game that would take a step back based on an improved defense and run game. Instead, the entire offense has stunk. At least Chris Ivory caught 6 balls for 75 yards. And it was T.J. Yeldon that was supposed to be the "pass catching RB" in this offense. Of course, this was due to Yeldon going out in the 2nd quarter. Ivory may be a decent Week 12 play as the Jags face Denver, whose defense is actually yielding a good bit of fantasy production to RBs.
10. You still have time to make your league's playoffs. That's right folks. It's not too late. Unless you're mathematically eliminated, you can join Who2Start and sneak in. Join now and we'll help you out.
11. David Johnson is the real deal. 160 total yards and a pair of scores against a legit defense in MIN? Yeah. This guy's good. If you're in a dynasty league and can get this guy, you might have to give up a ton but it'd be worth it. And redraft league owners have to be salivating because the remaining schedule looks easy and even in tougher matchups DJ is money.
12. Only a month left... sigh. We are admitted fantasy football junkies. Savor these last few weeks of fantasy football. If you're out of your league's playoff picture, you can still take part. DraftKings, FanDuel... yeah, we can help you there too.